We have been appointed to re-erect 3 former gas holder frames at the Kings Cross site.
These Gas Holder frames date back to around 1860-1880 and consist of cast iron columns with wrought iron trusses. The columns have been taken down and specially restored (by others) to then be re-erected as part of the planning requirement for the Kings Cross development. They will now be used as an independently standing feature structure built around 3 new circular residential blocks that will contain 144 apartments, a gym and spa, roof top garden and screening room.
The re-erection is made more complex as the residential buildings are being constructed first, so the original dismantle column support frames could not be used to re-install the columns.
Due to the fragility of the cast iron, specialist pivot frames had to be developed to move each column from a horizontal transport position to the vertical position for installation. These pivot frames allow for adaption to the varying columns lengths and diameters of each column.